Are you stuck on what to get a mom in your life for Mother's Day? While flowers, or breakfast in bed are sweet... it is always nice to add a little extra spoiling! Besides, it is always great to have an extra idea if you're wanting to spoil a sweet mamma in your life that isn't your mom, or yourself ;) Maybe you need a mother's day gift for a friend who has been extra special to you this year, maybe you need to spoil a mamma in your church or mom's group that you admire, or maybe you have an aunt or sibling that needs an extra acknowledgement of what a great motherly influence she has been in your life!
A few days ago, over on Valisa Henderson Photography on Facebook, I asked moms to weigh in on what they want for Mother's Day, or to share a great idea they had that they might put to use! I figured I'd share them with you! Feel free to comment below if you have other ideas! Or share this post to your facebook to help out some people that might be scrambling! Feel free to use it if you're the "drop a hint" type of mom too! There is one week left! Hop on these things if you need it here by Mother's Day!
- Mantra Bands! I recently received one of these as a gift from my photography business mentor. It is so very special, for many reasons I don't need to go into... but let's just say God works in mysterious ways! Mine says "What if you fly" From the Erin Hanson quote:
“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask "What if I fall?"
Oh but my darling,
What if you fly?”
- Party Box from Wendy with Your Party Made Simple! Miss Wendy has a beautiful party planning service... she does party consulting and can help you plan a digital purchase, she can get you a box delivered all set to go, and quite a few other ways to help. She's also got monthly box features! I'm of course late to the game... and you can't get the Mother's Day box anymore... HOWEVER, the monthly party planning box is an EXCELLENT idea if you've got a busy PTA kind of mamma in your life! Each month's box is themed and makes an awesome go - to resource for any event that you've got coming up!
- Pamper That Woman! Find a local day spa, massage therapist, or nail salon! One of the suggestions on that facebook post was from a high-school friend, Lacey. She suggested a gift certificate to Mountain Healing Spa in Etna, Ca. I have been here once... it. is. to. die. for!
- LipSense What Mom wants to spend money on expensive makeup, but rarely does because Kids come first? umm... most of us. haha! One of my "side hustles" is being a SeneGence Distributor... Have you heard of that lipsticl that doesn't transfer, doesn't smudge off onto your kiddo's face... it's seriously so amazing. So come talk to me if you want to spoil that mamma with some smudgeproof, kid kissin proof lip-pretties!
- Photo Gifts! What kind of photographer would I be if I didn't tell you - that you should collect some images, and get a photo gift put together! You can find awesome ideas with really great quality at Artifact Uprising or MPIX. Create a story board, order stand alone prints, maybe a photo book! Get those memories printed FOR her! <3 This is an especially great idea for grand-mammas! Print a favorite image and getting it framed is an excellent idea as well!
- Photo Session Gift Certificate! Last but not least, give the gift of capturing a moment, or a life season. A photo shoot is another thing that so many moms WANT to splurge on - but push it away when they feel like it isn't as important to everyone else in the family. Show her that it is. Show her how capturing the memories that are being made in this season of life... is important to you, and that you know it is important to her! My Summer Sessions actually open the day after Mother's day... Photo Session Gift Certificates are available right now though... Simply shoot me an email! This is a great one for grandparents to gift to their daughters! A big ole hint that you want more photos of those grandchildren!